Volunteer with Sunshine
Volunteers make dreams happen. In regions across Canada, volunteers are at the heart of Sunshine, sharing their valuable time and skills. They’re planning events, helping with local Sunshine Dreams, and engaging their communities. No matter what they’re doing, our volunteers are making a difference for Sunshine Dreamers, making it possible for Sunshine to fulfill so many dreams for kids who deserve an extra special experience.
- Apr 30, 2017: Forest City Road Race – London, ON
- June 9, 2017: AMCOH Golf Tournament – Alliston, ON
- June 17, 2017: Sunshine Float for Dreams – Brantford, ON
- July 15, 2017: LiUNA Golf Tournament – Sarnia, ON
- Sunshine Home Office support
Interested in becoming a Sunshine volunteer?
Call us at 1.800.461.7935, email us at volunteer [at] sunshine.ca or fill out our easy online application form:
Celebrating Our Volunteers
Sunshine recognizes the dedication and commitment of one of our most vital resources – our volunteers! Read more
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need to have previous volunteer experience?
- How often do I have to volunteer?
- What is the minimum age requirement to volunteer with Sunshine?
- How are volunteer roles assigned?
- Am I able to apply my volunteering hours at Sunshine to my high school volunteering requirements?
- Do I need a police check to volunteer?
- Can I volunteer with my friends and family?
- Where do I find information about current volunteer opportunities?
- When is the next Sunshine DreamLift in my area and how can I volunteer to take part?
- When a volunteer opportunity comes available, how do I let Sunshine know I am interested?
- How will I find out what is happening with Sunshine?
- What do I need to do if I or a group of volunteers wants to organize a fund raising event in support of Sunshine?
- Our company is interested in group volunteer opportunities, how do we go about this?
- You have not answered my question. Who can I contact?
What is the minimum age requirement to volunteer with Sunshine?
Sunshine volunteers should be 16 years of age. Some opportunities may require volunteers to be over the age of 18 or accompanied by an adult.
Am I able to apply my volunteering hours at Sunshine to my high school volunteering requirements?
Sunshine encourages high school students to plan a fundraising event at your school that could be counted towards your volunteer hours. If we have special volunteer opportunities available for people aged 13-18 they will be posted on our website.
When is the next Sunshine DreamLift in my area and how can I volunteer to take part?
Sunshine DreamLift Volunteers are recruited at the time of each DreamLift, depending on the medical needs of the children who will be on each flight.
If you are a doctor, nurse, physiotherapist, or seating technician, and see a DreamLift in your area, please reach out to programs [at] sunshine.ca for more information on volunteering for these specialised roles.
How will I find out what is happening with Sunshine?
There is a lot going on at Sunshine. Sign up for Sunshine's eNewsletter by clicking here. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
What do I need to do if I or a group of volunteers wants to organize a fund raising event in support of Sunshine?
Fundraising events are important to Sunshine. Tell us about your plans by clicking here: Plan an Event.